Pretty much, I just want to say, "I love making things!" I usually don't succeed, and then I am disappointed... but still... I get a certain kind of joy that is difficult to explain when I have made something that I like, it is different than when you buy something you like. The fun is in the process... in making some really not-so-great stuff, and then finally triumphing.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

dying onesies

The before.... seen it, right? Been there? Done that? Stained it 1,000 times? ....After some choice dye, mixed with 4 tablespoons salt, and 4 cups warm water... voila. Imperfect as always, ( I wasn't as vigilant in the stirring process as I should have been....) but hey- I'll take'em. :)

If you've never dyed anything- let this inspire you to change your ways. I used Dylon- available at wal-mart for $1.97. I dyed them in a mixing bowl. So easy. Plain ol' white has it's place, but that place is NOT on an army-crawling 11 month old boy. Whities are ruined in moments with that kind of behavior. Color still gets messy, but fares much better, and looks TOOOO cute! The Green are my favorites...

2 comments:

  1. They look great!!! Do you think they make those in my size? Let's find that out, and then dye me a purple one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I shall do it. Thank you for showing me your geniusness(?) again Britta.

    ReplyDelete