Pretty much, I just want to say, "I love making things!" I usually don't succeed, and then I am disappointed... but still... I get a certain kind of joy that is difficult to explain when I have made something that I like, it is different than when you buy something you like. The fun is in the process... in making some really not-so-great stuff, and then finally triumphing.

Monday, March 23, 2009






My husband has finely asked me to take a break from projects. I knew this day would come. The poor darling. He hasn't seen our kitchen table for weeks. But don't fret-- he's agreed to let me finish what I've already begun... ( ie the five fab. free gifts..... eeeeee!!!!!).... and, he only needs me to not craft for a week-
OH sigh. I have not posted any recent projects-- my apologies. It's just that these gifties are consuming all my time- I would of course post about the entire process, including all my hangups, but I don't want to give anything away. You understand I'm sure.
But, I did make some EXTREMELY easy vintage button danglies with a hot glue gun the other day... here they are. And.... a sneak peek at my table. Yikes. How embarrassing.
Hummm... I'm a little worried though-- if you look at my table too closely you just MIGHT get a clue about the freebies..... so DON'T. At least don't if you are one of the lucky five.
Well.... I think I'll be sending the gifts tomorrow, and then it's back to life as usual. Sniff Sniff... the end of projects are always bitter sweet for me- especially when I must say goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. Britta! I love those earrings! You are making such beautiful stuff. And I really want to enlarge the picture and see whats on the table....but more than that, I love a good surprise...and I could really use one (as I am sure you can tell from our conversation earlier today).

    I think it's great that you have a drill on your kitchen table. But alas, Mark. You do have to give him some credit for waiting this long. He's a good man.

    I tried to call you today cuz little P ate his first pancake! Go figure, he chokes and gags on pees, but loves him some pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spelled peas "pees." Ahhh ha ha ha ha! That's right, I feed my 8 month old urine!

    ReplyDelete