Pretty much, I just want to say, "I love making things!" I usually don't succeed, and then I am disappointed... but still... I get a certain kind of joy that is difficult to explain when I have made something that I like, it is different than when you buy something you like. The fun is in the process... in making some really not-so-great stuff, and then finally triumphing.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

easy pillow project

Before= BORING!After=IMPERFECT, but MUCH BETTER! So, I've had these brown pillows that I stole from my mom's garage for a long time.... but they've never spoken to me... until now.
I only covered one side of each pillow, with, yes...... an old stained white tableclothe. I love re-purposing. I simply sewed the vintage scraps on the tablecloth squares, and then sewed those directly to the front of the pillows.
I like this MUCH better.
So what have any of you created lately? I LOVE to hear about other projects.


2 comments:

  1. Those are totally cute! I love the way you use vintage fabrics! I haven't made anything lately, I'm waiting for inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowza!! So darling. And for the record, every time I go into mom's garage I look for things to steal. It's like a garage sale, except the owner doesn't know she has anything in there. If I had your eye for re-purposing, maybe mom's house would be empty by now.

    ReplyDelete